Behind the Scenes of Photoshoot with Ben Cope
It’s in Incubus Forever Page on facebook. IT’S NOT CONFIRMED YET, but I’ll be really happy for the two of them if it’s true. On the other hand, I can’t help but feel…. Jealous….
Um. Is she pregnant? O.o
“I’ll make music, whether or not anyone is listening, for the rest of my life. It’s a natural form of expression for me, the way I draw and write and sing.” -Brandon Boyd
You just don’t love a person based on his/her age and physical appearances.
Iv’e been in love with Brandon when I was 13—in Morning View era. He’s really hot, girls would go crazy everytime he takes off his shirt. But it’s not just the reason why I still love and blog about him.
Though I don’t know him personally, I know he’s kind and warm hearted. He is intelligent and he writes beautifully—whether it’s a song or a book. He’s not just a singer himself—he surfs, he paints, he writes, he’s talented. How about you? Can you all do that? I doubt it.
Random Incubus facts:
- Brandon Boyd got arrested for attempting to bring Switchblade on a flight.
- The reference to 2012 A.D in ‘A Certain Shade of Green’ is referring to an ancient Mayan belief that the world would end on December 2012 A.D.
- Hours before their first show, the band was forced to come up with a band name. After rejecting Dirk’s ‘Chunk-O-Funk’, and Brandon’s ‘Spiral Staircase’, Mike turned to a nearby thesaurus. The first name he saw was Incubus, which means nightmare in Latin. The band all thought that the name sounded cool, so it stuck.
- Every member of the band surfs except Kilmore—he tried once in Orlando but found surfing stressful.
- The song “Smokin’ the Herb again” of When Incubus attacks volume 1 isn’t actually by Incubus, the song was put on their CD by mistake. The song was from another band, so Incubus decided to just keep it in their CD.
- Chris Kilmore was adopted by white family.
- Ben Kenney played in the hiphop band called ‘The Roots’ before he came into the band.
- Brandon and Mike are both vegetarians.
- The noises at the end of ‘Aqueous Transmission’ are thousands of frogs recorded outside the Malibu Mansion that Incubus recorded ‘Morning View’ in.
- Brandon once obtained a job working in the concession area of a movie theater. He made it through training but quit when he realized that he would have to wear a uniform that required wearing a bow tie.
- When Mike Einziger was 17, he tried out for Alanis Morissette’s band but didn’t make it.
- The song ‘Are You In?’ was not really meant to be a song. The band had a argument and someone started the groove and without talking, each member joined in one by one. Brandon went out of the room with his microphone pointing to his bandmates singing, “It’s so much better when everyone is in… Are you in?”
Interviewer: If you had time machine, what can you say about the fifteen year old kid you once were? Do you wanna change anything?
Listen to Dj Kilmore’s awesome scratches- Scratch Practice (Chocolate City Dreaming)
Happy Mother’s day!